Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthday Christmas Cards

I was asked to make Birthday Christmas cards for a colleague at work who has two relatives born on Christmas day and she can never find them cards. I have to admit besides have a pathological obssession with Magnolia stamps right now which you can purchase here, I just love easel cards. I just say it is a phase I am gong through right now and I am sure I will transtion into another phase but for now I am having fun making them. Here is what I came up with.....

Enjoy and thanks for looking!


















Here is the other one.....




 


 








10 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a fabulous job you've done on bothe these cards. The coloring and composition of each card is just gorgeous. Lovely details and embellishments.
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second all that Barb said....fabulous cards...great job TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are stunning and will be treasured. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a wonderful job with both of these cards. The papers you chose are fabulous as are the images. You colored them beautifully. Thank you for sharing these with us. I am sure they will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love both of these cards. They are so bright and beautiful. The use of purple pulled my eye and I love how you made them seasonal, but still a birthday card. These will be treasures that are sure to bring smiles to the receivers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are fabulous and amazing....excellent work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, both cards are fabulous. The colour combo of purple and red is perfect, seasonal yet perfect for a birthday. Your cardART is a gift in itself. STUNNING!!!
    maggie hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Beautiful cards! I don't suppose you remember the colors you used for the first girl's hair? That is almost exactly the color of my sister's hair and her birthday is coming up!!! :)
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rene!

    I usually refer a lot to the copic hair color chart that Suzanne DeAn has on her blog. I used e39, e99, yr23 and I did not have e18 so I used one of my lighter red copics to add a touch of red here and there.

    Thanks for all your generous comments everybody!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh...red and purple!! I love it!! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete